P. (250) 478-0779
103-814 Goldstream Ave
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around West Shore
NEW PRICE! Fantastic opportunity to own a beautiful & spacious condo Welcome to Highlands View, a well-managed and maintained 55+ complex. 2 Bed, 2 Bath + Sunroom + Balcony 1330 Sqft. This corner unit is located on the quiet side of the building. Good size windows give plenty of natural light during the day and a beautiful Sunset view in the evening. The Sunroom is perfect to enjoy your morning tea/coffe...
Elysian Terraces proudly presented by Beacon -Carmanah Developments. These townhomes are located just 15 minutes to downtown Victoria in Colwood. There are only 16 homes featuring many different floorplans ,designed by renowned firm of Low Hammond Rowe. Unit #12 an F model with yards facing huge trees and privacy. Just over 3300 sq ft of living space, 4 beds ,4 baths ,separate laundry room,& single car garage...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Welcome to Sky Gate, your gateway to the outdoors! Live right at Langford's most exciting new development. Constructed to be Built Green and to Energy Step Code 4 of the BC Building Code. 74% more efficient than current BC code requires, Sky Gate is one of Vancouver Island’s most environmentally-advanced multifamily buildings. Enjoy absolute ambient comfort with triple pane windows and a heat pump for heating...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015